What We Do
Conservancy Projects & Programs
- Landscape Restorations & Enhancements (1,025 trees and shrubs planted since 2008)
- 8 Annual Volunteer Group Activities (Adult and Youth)
- 6 Annual Educational Walks/Workshops/Events
- 2 Annual Community Outreach Events
- Tribute Tree Program w/Public Registry
- Eagle Scout and Girl Scout Programming
Advocacy Items w/ Essex County
- Removal of Hazardous, Dead and Rapidly Deteriorating Trees
- Renovations of Restrooms at Field House and Tennis House
- Roadway Striping to Calm Vehicular Traffic
- Trashcan Relocations and Additions
Programming Partnership w/ Rutgers Master Gardeners of Essex County
- Invasive Plant Management & Eradication Activities
- Parkwide Pruning Program
- Pollinator Garden Development and Maintenance
- Rose Garden Maintenance & Enhancements
PRESERVE the 121-acre Brookdale park by maintaining and improving its trails, infrastructure, ecology and landscaping so that it respects the original Olmsted design, and so that this unique Essex County resource can continue to provide natural beauty and lasting value to the residents of northern New Jersey.
PROMOTE the wise use of the park and environmental awareness through activities, educational programs and public service efforts.
PARTNER with the Essex County park system, community groups and allied organizations in support of the above objectives.
By-Laws of the Brookdale Park Conservancy (updated March 2009) can be downloaded here as a PDF (3.2MB)